Enabling Sustainable Energy Capture and Consumption
Driven by the need to discover innovative ways to capture, store, and effectively utilize power, the energy storage system market is rapidly evolving.
Energy storage systems play a pivotal role in this pursuit by:
- Difficiently storing and releasing electricity
- Enabling superior management of peak demand
- Load shifting Grid stabilization
- Balancing intermittent power
In conjunction with renewable sources like solar and wind, energy storage systems are indispensable. Empowering users to store renewable energy and use it when needed contributes to lower energy bills and a more sustainable future.
MCC’s semiconductor solutions offer cutting-edge technologies that meet or exceed power handling and design specifications for energy storage systems. When designing energy storage systems, several factors should be taken into account:Power handling
- ESS solutions must meet or exceed the specific application’s power handling and design requirements, such as capacity, voltage range, current ratings, and efficiency.Reliability and durability
- the reliability and durability of the ESS are non-negotiable — the ESS should be able to withstand various environmental conditions and temperature fluctuations, and operate reliably over an extended period.Scalability
- the ESS design should allow for easy expansion or integration with other systems as power demands grow or change.Safety and compliance
- compliance with safety standards and regulations is essential to ensure the proper operation and safe usage. Considerations include protection against overcharging, short circuits, and thermal runaway, plus applicable AEC-Q101 qualification and PPAP capability for electric vehicles.Energy efficiency and performance
- ESS should offer high energy conversion efficiency to maximize the utilization of stored energy. For EV applications, performance metrics such as round-trip efficiency and response time should be considered when selecting an energy storage solution.